Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 - A Year of Journeys, Not Travels...

*Re-post from My Comings and Goings blog.


Compared to 2012 where I had a dozen combo trips around the United StatesSingaporeGermanyIndonesiaUnited KingdomNew Zealand and the Philippines, I have only been to a handful of trips within the country in 2013 and one might say that this year was a letdown in terms of traveling. I agree that I have fewer travels, but I still consider 2013 as my best year ever - as it has held a lot of "firsts" and tons of beautiful memories on the road with my then beau and now hubby Raymond. Those moments are far more meaningful than just seeing places!


Here's a look back at My 2013 Planner which I let you took a peek at the beginning of the year. Overall, I was able to achieve that one thing to do monthly but not really in the months that I thought it would happen - but at least it happened and I enjoyed the journey!


JANUARY 5, 2013. I have detoxified and started a healthy living when I accepted my boyfriend's Forever Living Products and frequented our visit in Nuvali, Sta.Rosa to lose some pounds and get rid of my not so lovable love handles around this evo-living haven. We drive here weekly to get a feel of what it's like to actually live there since Raymond owns a house five to ten minutes away. Nuvali is my best kind of place to enjoy a smell of fresh air, water taxi ride, fish feeding, silent moments at the park and oppotune times to recreate our first date in Paseo de Santa Rosa.


FEBRUARY 24, 2013. Yes it is the love month and have hinted flowers, chocolates, a romantic meal and a weekend get-away with Raymond! I didn't get those on Valentines Day, but received them nonetheless for the whole month of February, wrapping up with a travel to Tayabas, Quezon to attend my friend's birthday. This is the farthest drive that we have taken where Raymond is in the driver seat and I starting to get used to sitting in the front seat for that holding - hands - with boyfriend while driving peg!



MARCH 7, 2013
Getting into His World. For this month of graduation and commencement, I stopped the "I" word and world by adding a new career and joining my hubby -to - be in his FLP business. We have driven around SubicPangasinanBulacan and Rizal to introduce our families and friends to health and wealth. I feel happy journeying into a new area, a foreshadowing of a new and exciting prospect of being together - forever (and in Forever Living Products!).



APRIL 30, 2013Prioritizing. Instead of enjoying the peace and quiet during the Holy Week, April was all about Successes - as a lawyer and as a new recognized manager of Forever Living Products! But I still have lots of learning to do and one of which is definitely prioritizing myself over my family. It is the deepest desire of my heart to have my own family and have a baby!


MAY 11-12, 2013 He's Getting Into My World. It's election time and we have done a great deal of traveling around the third district of Laguna - Sta. Maria, Mabitac, Famy, Luisiana, Pagsanjan, Sta.Cruz, Kalayaan, Pakil, Pangil, being the election lawyer for my friends Mayor Tony and Cindy Carolino. Raymond is getting a hand at lawyering!


JUNE 12, 2013Getting Engaged. It was not with a diamond ring or the kneeling down wedding proposal you get to read on books, but our engagement is a promise to continue where we left off on the exact month and date 22 years ago and never to be without each other afterwards. Raymond and I met during an Independence Day rally inside UP Diliman in 1991. After dating for three (3) months, he had to leave for a voluntary mission for two years and promised to come back for me. But he didn't keep his promise - and we had our separate lives. We only met last year after being gone for more than 20 years. On our first date, we just knew, without having to say the words, that finally “we have found that spark that we never lost, but always been looking for.”(Ikaelelo Gaosengwe).We headed to Boracay and Bacolod to celebrate getting hitched and for our first flight together as a couple! We enjoyed helmet diving, swimming, sightseeing, eating out and just being together!


JULY 20, 2013Our Pre-Nup Shoot. The birthday month of my hubby-to-be was the busiest in terms of road trips together. We were driving around searching for that Perfect Wedding Reception Venue which should be both affordable and available on our chosen date - September 21, 2013. We would like to commemorate the day that Raymond and I have last seen each other in 1991 which is also the anniversary of Martial Law and fell on a Saturday. With only a little over three (3) months before the big day and with a budget considerations, choosing Estancia Hotel Resort over choices like Love of Light and Glass Garden was the first and the most important couple decision we have made after getting hitched! The City of Tagaytay is a component city in the province of Cavite and only an hour or so away from Manila. Because of its cooler climate, stunning views of Taal Volcano in the middle of the Taal Lake(in Batangas), unique attractions and its proximity to our new residence in Silang, Cavite, Tagaytay is our runaway choice as venue for our wedding events. So on July 20, we had a super fun day - pre-nup shoot slash fiancee's birthday slash college GIRLFRIENDS reunion and slash Bridal Shower from Manila then Nuvali and Tagaytay!


AUGUST 3, 2013Wedding Invites & Food Tasting. We were busy driving around the Metro to hand out our CD case with CD wedding invitations to our friends. It is a D-I-Y Project that Raymond and I put together where we incorporated music in the invites. In 1991, Raymond used to bring me to Yamaha World Band Explosion concerts. When we met again last year, he serenaded me and composed songs for me that truly brought back memories of yesteryears. We used the song compositions as part of our CD and we traveled to Paranaque to record the songs. Before the month is over, we had series of food tasting for the big day and was back in Tagaytay!


SEPTEMBER 21, 2013A Journey to Forever. "On this day", anniversary of Martial Law, we started out our life together like we always dreamed and started a new journey, a journey that would lead us to forever…


OCTOBER 1 & 21, 2013First Birthday and Paper Month-sary. Who says turning forty is OLD and no FUN?Well it is very different but it is so much fun in the adult way as it was my first birthday with a hubby!We enjoyed our mini-moon at Manila Hotel and enjoyed lots of paper gifts that made us "lived happily FOREVER after"!


NOVEMBER 21, 2013Cotton-Monthsary. Ok, it's our second month of marital bliss and our feet (and car) take us to different hotels for series of mini - moons.My travel companions? Raymond, Cream Soda and Combos!


DECEMBER 21 & 25, 2013Leather Monthsary and Our first Christmas as a Couple. Yes, I still hit the bazaars (but not with a big tummy yet!)for those Christmas gifts. On our first Christmas eve as a couple, my whole family celebrated with us, as in all previous Christmases when I was still single.But this time, my hubby is in - charge!


This has been 2013 for me and for us!. But I know that "in the sight of God, it is not so much of what I have done or where I have been but much more to where I am willing to go"! (Elder Edward Dube). So,this 2014 we will continue to Look Ahead and Believe!

No comments:

Post a Comment