Raymond and I were pretty hands on in planning our wedding so that explains why the temple, Philippine Flag, music and love for pictures stood out as main themes of our big day!
Let me share Twelve (12) Personal Touches (for now!) that make our wedding unique and memorable!
1.We opted for a Philippine Flag - inspired motif for the chairs skirting and over-all look of the reception venue, not only because our wedding day fell on the anniversary of Martial Law, but it was mainly to reminisce our meet - up on Philippine Independence Day celebration in June 1991 and our engagement on the same day last June 12, 2013.
2. Estancia Hotel Resort's reception hall has the traditional all - white look that goes along with our Journey to Forever theme, a reflection of our deep desire to be married for eternity (now or a year later). To keep the elegant feel, we chose white as the over-all color for the table covers, chairs and our couple back drop, accenting only by the Philippine Flag color flowers of red, blue and yellow.
3. In keeping with the Philippine Flag inspired motif, my shoe diva friend May Merdegia Rogers gifted me with floral - painted Drusilla pumps by Nine West for that flirty statement at every step when we tied the knot!
4. Raymond always give me flowers when we were dating. On his birthdays, I'm the one who gets bouquet of flowers with a dedication that says "these flowers may fade overtime but my love for you would never ever.I love you very much".So for our wedding, we said it with flowers too! Like the Medieval tradition of a Knight wearing his Lady's colors, each flower has its own meaning. YELLOW signifies new beginnings and happiness, BLUE is the universal color of peace, truth and serenity and RED means I love You and can also mean courage and passion..
5. I carried a Crystal Ball Bouquet lained together on Magical Staff instead of the usual bridal bouquet. This go along with our Journey To Forever wedding theme since the magical staff represents the journey and the crystal ball bouquet reflects future lives together. When the crystal ball bouquet is lained together on a magical staff it signifies the union of our life together in a beautifully combined future as a couple.
6. We made photo opps more fun and exciting for our guests with personalized wedding photo wall featuring differently framed photos from our prenup shoots in Boracay, Bacolod, Nuvali and Tagaytay.
7. We chose a couple holding a picture frame for cake topper which serves as memento of our special day for years to come. The cake topper was designed by Sofia's Cakes and is consistent with our picture - framed wedding invitations and photo wall. For a more personalized look, the bride's dress was designed to look like my original wedding dress design and color of bouquet reflect our Philippine Flag motif colors of red, blue, yellow and white. The groom's attire is patterned after Raymond's suit without the vest.
8. Our "A Journey To Forever" theme is carried all through out the reception with personally designed table number place cards. I used a picture of the Manila Philippines Temple and a quotation of LDS apostle Joseph W. Whirtlin printed on framed background for a more coordinated look.
9. Our Journey Cake made for us by our good friend Raquel Delos Santos is a four - layered white fondant cake, with a road to symbolize our journey and each layer adorned with a vehicle in our Philippine Flag - inspired colors. On the first layer is a blue jeepney since Raymond and I met on June 12, 1991 inside the University of the Philippines Diliman campus and the UP Ikot jeepney there was blue. After two decades of separation, we met again on June 29, 2012 and Raymond visited me at home with his white motorcycle. Since then we have been together aboard our red SUVs and our goal is to buy a yellow Genesis coupe as Managers of Forever Living!
10.Music played an important part in our dating years. Raymond used to bring me to Yamaha World Band Explosion concerts in 1991. When we met again last year, he serenaded me and composed songs for me that truly brought back memories of yesteryears. We used the song compositions as part of our CD that we included in the CD case wedding invitations.
11.To shows Raymond's personality as a lead soloist of the band Radio Crave and who plays the guitar very well, I had my old guitar double as a Guestbook. It was a sure hit, and a wedding must-have that is unique and didn't cost us anything.
12.True to its musical feel, our emcees Jojo wearing a GROOM tee and Alexis Aubrey Riguerra in her BRIDE shirt opened up our wedding celebration with a Glee inspired performance of “Marry You” while my nephews and nieces enters the hall with dance steps. Then for the grooms' entrance, Jojo sang "Marry Your Daughter" while Annel Faith Fernandez sang our wedding theme song "A Thousand Years" for my walk down the aisle with my parents.